The Stratham Volunteer Fire Department Association meets on the first and third Tuesday of the month at 7:30 pm in the Firehouse.
Training Sessions are held on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 7:30 pm in the firehouse or as otherwise announced.
The Stratham Volunteer Fire Department announces
Stratham’s First Annual Lights for Lives Event
Decorate your home while helping those in need!
All proceeds go to Seacoast Family Promise, Guiding Families Home.
How this works:
- Decorate the outside of your home by December 19th
- Register for the contest in person on Saturday, December 20 at the Stratham Fire Station between 10 am and 2 pm. Stratham Boy Scouts will be on hand to collect registration forms as part of a community service project.
- Suggested donation: $25 (Checks can be made payable to “Seacoast Family Promise.”) All donations are tax deductible.
- Look for volunteers from the Stratham Fire Department driving by your house that evening starting at 5:30 pm on December 20 to do the judging. Don’t forget to turn your lights on!
- Don’t want to enter the contest, but want to support the cause and donate? You can do that too! Can’t come to the Fire Station on December 19th? No problem! Want to give more than $25? Sure! Just download and complete the form. (www.strathamnh.gov) Drop off form with a check at the Town Hall or the Wiggin Library. Look for the Stratham Lights for Lives box!
The winner will be announced live on December 21 at the Fire Station at 2 pm! Light refreshments will be served. The winner will be awarded bragging rights and a spot on a brand new plaque, to be displayed at the Town Hall.
SEACOAST FAMILY PROMISE (sfpnh.org)~is a network of volunteers from various faith communities demonstrating their strength of compassion and generosity, putting faith into action. Through donations of time and funds, Seacoast Family Promise provides a safe place for families to turn for immediate food, shelter, and social services. Participating congregations reach out to families in crisis offering guidance and encouragement while preserving the dignity of families as they take important steps to regain independence. More than eighty percent of network guests secure permanent housing.