Dewey Dispatch Online Edition
May 4, 2012
Library Events & Info
New Books & More: (Fiction, Large Print, Nonfiction, Audiobook: CD, DVD)
About the E-mail Newsletter
Library Events & Info: We have a great calendar of events on our Web site! ~Take a look at http://library.strathamnh.gov and click on “Library Events.” ~All of the following programs are free and open
to the public.
- New Library Hours – Starting Saturday June 2!
Good news! You asked for some different library hours, and we listened. Starting Saturday June 2 the library’s new hours will be: Monday – Thursday: 9:30 – 7
Friday: 9 – 5
Saturday: 9 – 3
- Attention Runners! The Library is looking for a few runners to help plan a Fun Run for later in the year. There will be a planning meeting on Monday May 7 at 6:30 pm. If you’re interested in helping organize this event, you are welcome to come to the meeting, or contact Lesley at email@example.com or 772-4346.
Upcoming Programs for Adults:
- A Night of Music with Two Old Friends, Tuesday May 8, 6:30 pm
Back by popular demand! Join us for an evening or Irish and old-time traditional country music with Two Old Friends Mac McHale and Emery Hutchins. This program is made possible by a grant from the New Hampshire Humanities Council.
- An Evening with Stella Scamman, author of the new cookbook “What’s Cooking at Scamman Farm”, Thursday May 10, 6:30 pm. Come hear some great stories, learn about the farm-inspired recipes, and find out what’s cooking at Scamman Farm.
- An Evening with True Crime Authors Kevin Flynn & Rebecca LaVoie, Wed May 23, 6:30 pm The authors of the true crime book Legally Dead: A Father and Son Bound by Murder will discuss their book. Copies of the book will be available for signing and purchase.
- Library Book Group, Wednesday May 30 6:30 pm This month the group is reading Breakfast with Buddha by Roland Merullo. Copies are available at the library front desk.
From the Children’s Room:
- The May Session of Baby Lapsit and Storytimes will run through the week of May 21.~ Handouts will be available at the end of this month regarding summer programming for all age levels.
- The last Make a Difference Club meeting for the school year will take place on Wednesday, May 9, from 3:30 to 4:30 in the Youth Activity Room.~ We will be making cards for soldiers in honor of Military Appreciation Month.~ Wish lists and a donation box will be available next week for collecting items for Pease Greeters care packages to be sent to soldiers. ~All patrons are invited to help with this project by donating items.~ We will also be walking over to the Police Department for a short visit and to deliver some cookies and cards to thank the officers for all they do to protect us.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Miss Jan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's Happening in the Teen Room?
Wednesday, 5/9: We are celebrating the early release day with a Doctor Who marathon starting at 1! Free snacks too!
Thursday, 5/17: Handy for crafts, homework and more, we're Decorating Clipboards with photos from home & magazine clippings!
Wednesday, 5/23: You'll never see your friends & family in quite the same way after turning them into Personal Puppets, using photos you bring from home (we WILL be cuttingthem, so check with your 'rents first!) and bodies we find in magazines- dad's head on a ballerina's body? Mr. Fluffykin's face on a T-Rex body? Mom as bodybuilder? Bring your own photos (make sure the faces are clear!) or email them to Lucia so she can print them out here!
And of course, snacks on Mondays!
***Plus, stay tuned for this year's state book award winners & the next batch of nominees later this month!!!***
~Questions or Comments? Call or email Lucia, our Teen Librarian, at 772-4346, or email@example.com
OTHER LIBRARY NEWS:
- Create legal documents with Law Depot – the library’s new online resource. With Law Depot you can create legal documents specific to NH Laws including documents for Wills/Power of Attorney, Sales/Transactions, Leasing/Renting/Real Estate, Business/Employment, Marriage/Cohabitation, Consent/Release, and more! ~Law Depot guides you through every step of creating a document that conforms to your situation. ~You will be able to print documents and return to previously created documents (like a rental agreement) to edit. To register you will need your library card number and e-mail address. ~Your e-mail address will be your user name and you will choose a password.
- More E-books available! We have started adding "Stratham-Only" titles to the OverDrive collection so wait-times will be shorter (or nonexistent!) on those titles if you have a Stratham library card. ~We want to know what titles you want us to add! ~Fill out our Purchase Suggestion Form on our website and select "ebook" as the format.
Knit or Crochet a Troop Cap for U.S. Service Members to be distributed by Pease Greeters. Instructions for knitting or crocheting troop caps for service members are available both at the library and on the library’s website. Finished hats can be dropped off at the library, or you can contact JoAnne Schottler 772-8620 for more information.
NEW BOOKS & MORE
Grabenstein, Chris, Fun House
Page, Katherine Hall, The Body in the Boudoir
Parker, Robert, Lullaby
Patterson, James, 11th Hour
Archer, Jeffrey, Sins of the Father
Irving, John, In One Person
James, E.L., Fifty Shades Darker
James, E.L., Fifty Shades Freed
Johnson, Adam, The Orphan Master’s Son
Murphy, Yannick, The Call
Rogan, Charlotte, The Lifeboat
Cash, Wiley, A Land More Kind Than Home
Lupton, Rosamund, Afterwards
Margolin, Phillip, Capitol Murder
Sigler, Scott, Nocturnal
Kirkman, Robert, The Walking Dead Volume 9
Evans, Richard Paul, Miles to Go
Fuller, Alexandra, Don’t Let’s Go to the Dogs Tonight
Hoffman, Alice, The Dovekeepers
Medicine & Technology, includes gardening, cooking, parenting, business (aka 600s)
Jacobs, A.J., Drop Dead Healthy
Literature, includes poetry, essays, humor writing (aka 800s)
Biography & Autobiography (aka BIOs)
Haddock, Doris, Granny D’s American Century
King, Carole, A Natural Woman
Quindlen, Anna, Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake
Rader, Peter, Mike Wallace
Baxter, Meredith, Untied
Clark, Mary Higgins, The Lost Years
Martin, George R.R., A Game of Thrones
McClure, Wendy, The Wilder Life
The Hunger Games – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
King, Carole, Tapestry
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Cleaning the Water: Lakes Region Clean Waters Association
Dark Shadows: Collections 1 & 2
Family Profile: Taking Care of the Old Man
Lady and the Tramp
Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol
Mister Rogers and Me
Popular Resorts: Grand Hotels of the White Mountains
ABOUT THE E-MAIL NEWSLETTER
We publish this newsletter approximately once per week and send it to those people who have signed up to receive library news via e-mail. ~If you know someone who would like to receive this newsletter, please have them visit the web site http://library.strathamnh.gov/subscriber~and choose to subscribe to “Library News”. ~If you would no longer like to receive this newsletter, visit that same Web site and choose “Remove My Name from a List” and your e-mail address will be removed. ~Please do not respond
to these e-mails – if you need to contact the library in response to this newsletter send a message to Library@WigginML.org. ~~~
~--Tricia Ryden, Assistant Director