Duties of the Planning Board
The duties of the Planning Board are established pursuant to New Hampshire statutes (RSA 674:1, 5, 35, & 43). Among these duties, the Planning Board is responsible for:
- Prepare and update the Town master plan;
- Prepare recommendations for programs for municipal development, programs for the erection of public structures, and programs for municipal improvements;
- Prepare and draft recommendations for amendments to the zoning ordinance and zoning map;
- Prepare and update the capital improvements program; and
- Prepare and administer land development regulations such as subdivision regulations and site plan review regulations.
Planning Board Composition
The Planning Board is composed of four (4) citizen volunteers approved by the Board of Selectmen for a term of three (3) years. The terms are staggered so two members of the board are appointed each year. A member of the Board of Selectman also sits as ex-officio voting member of the Planning Board. Alternate Members are appointed by the Board of Selectmen.