"No Trash Talk"
The following materials will not be accepted at the facility:
- Sealed containers of any kind
- Containers holding greater than 5 gallons
- Whole vehicles
- Fuel tanks of any kind
- Household hazardous waste
- Industrial waste
- Radioactive waste
- Dead animals & carcasses
- Dirt, stumps, or boulders
- Brick or concrete rubble
- Tree trunks or limbs greater than six inches (6") in diameter
- Any material listed in household hazardous waste collection
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
The Town of Stratham participates in one annual event which is free to residents. The Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day will be held on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2019 from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Exeter Public Works Garage, Newfields Road (Rt 85), Exeter, NH. Click here for more info.
The event is held in the fall at the Town of Exeter Public Works. Residents must store their HHW materials until these events are held.
The maximum amount of material accepted per household per event will be 20 pounds or 20 gallons, whichever is heaviest.
Material accepted at the HHW consists of, but is not limited to:
- Oil-based paints, stains, varnishes
- Paint thinner & turpentine
- Wood preservatives
- Household cleaning agents